The following links are listed to provide you with additional online mental health care information. Please also check the additional links provided for physical health for a more comprehensive understanding of your over-all well-being. The following is not meant to be a comprehensive list, nor is it an endorsement of the content of the sites.
Resources for Parents on Trauma
- CDC Checklist of Developmental Milestones and strategies
- Empowered to Connect – Has additional resources, study guides and information on upcoming trainings.
- Greater Richmond SCAN (Stop Child Abuse NOW) – This website offers resources to parents and provides information on upcoming trainings on trauma and resilience.
- Mental Health America of Fredericksburg – Offers support groups, mental health provider resource list, and provide access to a help line for additional information.
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) – They offer various mental health support groups, monthly informational meetings about mental health and family support groups.
- Empowered to Connect
Associations & Institutes
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychological Society
- Center for Mental Health Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Mental Health America
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Eating Disorders Association
- National Sleep Foundation
- National Women’s Health Resource Center
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)– Offer various mental health support groups, monthly informational meetings about mental health and family support groups.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Suicide Awareness and Hotlines
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education
- Suicide: Read This First
- Bipolar Disorder News – Pendulum.org
- Depression and How Therapy Can Help
- Depression Screening
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- National Center for PTSD
- Give an Hour— for veterans and their families
- The Gift From Within
- Sidran Institute
- Virginia Community Response Network
Addiction and Recovery
Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Child Abuse and Domestic Violence
- Childhelp USA®
- Questions and Answers about Memories of Childhood Abuse
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline Website
- DrugWatch.com provides up-to-date information about prescription and over-the-counter medications, including details about associated side effects.